1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

O2 Sensor

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by acorn77, Mar 8, 2014.

1. acorn77

acorn77 New Member

Hey folks new guy here,

I changed my O2 sensor (code was P0155 02 1) cleared the code and a day later the same code came back. Any thoughts?
    Thanks.
  2. zuki82

zuki82 New Member

what vehicle? some have 4 o2 sensors!
  3. edsmagichands

edsmagichands Member

P0155 is for bank 2 sensor 1 ( should be the sensor closest to the exhaust manifold on passenger side) heater circuit malfunction. which one did you replace?
  4. acorn77

acorn77 New Member

I replaced replaced the one closest to the exhaust manifold. I also cleaned the MAF sensor. My vehicle is 2002 s-10 extreme.
    Thanks
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

This Code Refers to the Front Oxygen Sensor on Bank 2....Sensor 1....The Heated Circuit in the Oxygen Sensor Decreases time needed to Enter Closed Loop. As the O2 Heater reaches Operating Temperature, the Oxygen Sensor Responds by Switching according to Oxygen content of the Exhaust Surrounding it.

The ECM Tracks how long it takes for the Oxygen Sensor to begin Switching, T
    he ECM Determines (Based on Coolant Temp) that too much Time Elapsed before the Oxygen Sensor began Operating Properly, It will Set a P0155.......

....The Cause for this Code, is one or more of the following has happened,
    * O2 Heater Element Resistance is High
    * Internal Short or Open in the Heater Element
    * O2 Heater Circuit Wiring High Resistance
    * Open or Short to Ground in the Wiring Harness

....Possible Solutions....Repair Short or Open or High Resistance in Wiring Harness or Harness Connectors, also Replacing the Oxygen Sensor"Cannot Repair the Open or Short that Occurs Internally to Sensor".....
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  6. edsmagichands

edsmagichands Member

Which manifold? what engine?
  7. wags391

wags391 New Member

As I have figured out on my last project: check the wiring!

Wags