1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

O7 Suburban 2500 Finally leveled.

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by marko54, Nov 30, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

So today i was to have a set of forged keys installed by the only 4WD shop in this area and then taken to a Premier frame/alignment shop. I dropped the truck off at 9am and went home. an hour and a half later they called. they had been working on it for over an hour and accomplished nothing. the torsion bars were stuck in place and would not budge. apparently there is a crossmember that the 2500 burbs have that the 2500 pickups dont. the crossmember would not allow them to access the back of the T-Bars to apply any force to free them. however they told me the adjustment bolts had tons of adjustment in them and they think they could get at least 2" of adjustment for me and save me money on the keys and labor versus taking the front end apart to free the T-bars. I said go for it.
    at 5pm i showed up and saw my truck parked outside. it was already dark and snowing lightly but i def. could see the difference. they told me they got a full 2" of adjustment. i drove home and noticed the alignment was dead on. when i got in my garage i did some measurments from the ground to the front fender edge. when i first got the burb, it measured out at just under 35 1/2" with the 245 tires. after the 265 Duratracs were put on i was at almost 36 1/4" now i am at almost 38 1/2" and it looks sharp! tomorrow at daylite i will take and post some pics here.

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

It's nice to hear when a problem works out for the good..or in your case, even better. Looking forward to seeing your pics!!

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Can you take a picture of the crossmember there talking about. Never heard of that. Think about it how do dealers work on them if there a problem.

4. marko54

I will do that tommorow, thanks

5. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

can't wait to see the pics!

6. marko54

Well, my garage lighting isnt the greatest but here is a glimpse of more photos to come tomorrow. you can see the extra room in the front wheelwell now

[​IMG]

7. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

Very nice! those are 265's? they look bigger...

8. marko54

Yes, the Duratracs usually run a little bigger, thanks

9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Looks great with plenty of room now....it will be fun picking out new tires when the time comes.

10. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Burb looks great!