Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Obd 2 port

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Joel.B, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Joel.B

Joel.B New Member

Hey Y'all!!!
    My OBD 2 Port has stopped working. I have had it plugged into the scan tools at autozone and advanced auto and both could not detect. Any ideas on what most likely is causing this? I spoke to a chevy dealer and they told me it could cost almost $900 just to troubleshoot. Please help!!! Thanks.

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Joel, it's just a blown fuse.

The OBD2 port shares (usually) a fuse with one (or more) of the 12v power ports (cig lighter).

3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yep... 9 times out of 10 it's just a blown fuse. No big deal. The fuse may be in the under hood or the cab fuse box, it depends on the year and model.

4. ecomike

ecomike New Member

Having the same problem on a 2004, Chevrolet Silverado Z71 5.3L V8 4WD, anybody ever figure out which fuse it is, was, or know which one it is on this rig?

5. ecomike

ecomike New Member

Update. Cigarette lighter fuse was bad, don;t know yet if a new one will fix the OBD-II port problem.