1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Obd i - trouble code 15

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by j.alexander9119, Apr 13, 2013.

1. j.alexander9119

j.alexander9119 New Member

I drive a 95 Chevy Tahoe. Last weekend I replaced the radiator, upper and lower hoses, thermostat and coolant temp sensor. Before I decided to do all of this the tahoe had been giving me a troublecode when I would start the truck for the first time of the day, usually when it had sat overnight. Once the truck was warm the check engine light would go away. I pulled the code using a jumper wire and it was code 15 (Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor Error (Low temp indicated).
    The problem I am having now after replacing the coolant sensor and the other things I listed above is my check engine light wont turn off now. I've disconnected the battery to reset all codes and as soon as I start the truck there it is again. Troublecode 15 affects the entire fuel injection system and my truck isn't running up to par. What do I need to do to get this issue fixed? I would appreciate any guidance or input on my situation. Thank You

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I would check to make sure the new sensor is good. Just because it is new doesn't mean it is working correctly. Than check to ensure the wire connections are tight. I knocked the wire end off of a coolant sensor on 02 ZR2 and the engine was running rich ( I think it has been a few years)

3. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

He's right. You can get a bad part. Stuff happens sometimes. I would make sure the connection is solid first though. Check your wiring. It's a PITA but it's necessary.