Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

OBD-II port not working

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by hmccall3, Mar 11, 2008.

1. hmccall3

hmccall3 New Member

Hey guys, I have a 2001 Silvy that keeps tripping the CEL every time I fill up. It's a problem with the fuel canister purge valve. I have been using my code reader to reset the light, but now the reader wont power on or self test when plugged into the port. I tried the reader in other vehicles and it seems to work fine, so I'm thinking it may be the port itself.
    I have checked for loose wiring and such.
    Anyone have any insights on this?
    Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Gmcsuvguy

Gmcsuvguy Rockstar 100 Posts

There is a fuse for it... I can't remember which one it is in the fuse box right now...

3. hmccall3

hmccall3 New Member

Thanks for the reply! I thought it may be a fuse issue, but the manual doesn't list a fuse for it specifically. Guess it's time to check each one individually.
    Thanks again

4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I know on a Katrina truck, the OBD-II port didn't work because the power wire in the connector corroded to hell and didn't have a connection anymore. No power equals no OBD worky...

5. check the cig ltr fuse.