1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

obd2 codes throwing me off

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by greasemonkey, Feb 28, 2010.

1. greasemonkey

greasemonkey New Member

i have three codes that are killing me one is catilyst below threshold bank 1 p420,catilyst below threshold bank 2 p430, and random multiple cylnder missfire p300 . I have checked all my o2 sensors they are all doing fine . I also have done a tune up on it plugs,wires,cap,button,on my 4.3 vortec and still am scratching my head so any help is greatly appreicated!
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

What temp tstat are you running? The engine has to get warm enough to have the cat reach operating temp. Codes only give a clue and don't always point you in the right direction. I was just talking this morning about a friends pickup that was throwing cat codes and it turned out the 160 deg stat that works just fine in the summer wasn't getting the job done in the colder winter temps. In extremely cold weather I've even blocked the raditor with a piece of cardboard to bring the temps up.
  3. greasemonkey

greasemonkey New Member

the temp runs about 200 to210