1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

obd2 problems

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 4x4CountryBoy2500, Nov 3, 2008.

1. 4x4CountryBoy2500

4x4CountryBoy2500 New Member

I have a 2003 silverado 2500 4x4 with a 6.0 liter engine in it I bought it used. It has magnaflow exhaust on it. Im having problems with the obd2 port. I have a genysis scan tool which is top of the line right now but i when i hook it to my truck it says it does not have a connection and it does it with every other scan tool i hook to it also. Ive checked all the fuses and non of them are blown. Can someone help me out please? I have no check engine lights on but i want to get it fixed because i want to put a superchips cortex programmer on it
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site! We have a few members here with some knowledge on that sort of this so i'm sure they well reply soon.
  3. MrShorty

MrShorty Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The usual reason for that behavior is no power to the diagnostic port: usually a blown fuse. If you are certain all of the fuses are good (it seems that it's usually a cigarette lighter or accessory power fuse), then I'd get a wiring diagram and figure out if the diagnostic port has power.
  4. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member 100 Posts

Roll Tide!!!
  5. 4x4CountryBoy2500

4x4CountryBoy2500 New Member

Man I preciate your help mr.shorty and ROLL TIDE TO YOU 2 CARPENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEM BOYS LOOK GOOD THIS YEAR DONT THEY?!
  6. S1lverad0

S1lverad0 New Member

Hi, Did you ever get your Diagnostic Port to work ? .... I having the exact same problem with a Hypertech Max Energy Programmer i just bought .... no display what-so-ever ... the fuses in the dash (left side of steering column) are good .... Is it a fuse under the hood ? ..... i have a 2003 Silverado 1500 Z71 5.3L

Thanks for any help,
  7. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

not to start a fight or anything, but ummm...

TIGER BAIT!
  8. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

welcome to the club
  9. S1lverad0

S1lverad0 New Member

Diagnostic Port is Working Now !!!

Thanks, Awesome Forum ...... BTW, i got my Diagnostic Port Working for my Max Energy Hypertech, there were 2 fuses out in the Fuse Box under the hood, a Cig Lighter & SEO fuse were blown .... i replaced them and my Diagnostic Port started working ..... which is kinda funny because my Cig. Lighter was working with that fuse blown.