obd2 problems

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 4x4CountryBoy2500, Nov 3, 2008.

1. 4x4CountryBoy2500

4x4CountryBoy2500 New Member

I have a 2003 silverado 2500 4x4 with a 6.0 liter engine in it I bought it used. It has magnaflow exhaust on it. Im having problems with the obd2 port. I have a genysis scan tool which is top of the line right now but i when i hook it to my truck it says it does not have a connection and it does it with every other scan tool i hook to it also. Ive checked all the fuses and non of them are blown. Can someone help me out please? I have no check engine lights on but i want to get it fixed because i want to put a superchips cortex programmer on it

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! We have a few members here with some knowledge on that sort of this so i'm sure they well reply soon.

3. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The usual reason for that behavior is no power to the diagnostic port: usually a blown fuse. If you are certain all of the fuses are good (it seems that it's usually a cigarette lighter or accessory power fuse), then I'd get a wiring diagram and figure out if the diagnostic port has power.

4. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Roll Tide!!!

5. 4x4CountryBoy2500

4x4CountryBoy2500 New Member

Man I preciate your help mr.shorty and ROLL TIDE TO YOU 2 CARPENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEM BOYS LOOK GOOD THIS YEAR DONT THEY?!

6. S1lverad0

S1lverad0 New Member

Hi, Did you ever get your Diagnostic Port to work ? .... I having the exact same problem with a Hypertech Max Energy Programmer i just bought .... no display what-so-ever ... the fuses in the dash (left side of steering column) are good .... Is it a fuse under the hood ? ..... i have a 2003 Silverado 1500 Z71 5.3L

Thanks for any help,

7. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

not to start a fight or anything, but ummm...

TIGER BAIT!

8. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club

9. S1lverad0

S1lverad0 New Member

Diagnostic Port is Working Now !!!

Thanks, Awesome Forum ...... BTW, i got my Diagnostic Port Working for my Max Energy Hypertech, there were 2 fuses out in the Fuse Box under the hood, a Cig Lighter & SEO fuse were blown .... i replaced them and my Diagnostic Port started working ..... which is kinda funny because my Cig. Lighter was working with that fuse blown.