1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ODB-II ..... anybody played with this? [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by MN_Burbon, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

I just bought an interface kit to read / interact with the onboard computer for GM vehicles. (Needed it for the wifes car). Anybody tried this with the suburbans? Supposedly this kit works with any GM car post 1996, since the Burban is a 1995 we'll have to see....
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

1995 would have OBD I. Your OBD II reader should still be able to read your truck, but it won't give you nearly as much detail as OBD II. Give it a shot, and let us know how it goes.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

ahh, old rigs don't have any of that stuff. :)
  4. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

Just got my hardware for the ODB stuff today, will see if I can get to it this weekend, anybody have an idea of where the interface would be to connect into?
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Should be under the dash, right in front of the brake pedal. It's likely to have a black plastic cover over it. It's going to be rectangular in shape.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How did that go? It was about 8 weeks ago, was it pretty simple?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.