1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Odds of this dude selling this TV?

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jun 15, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What does everyone think they would give this dude for this old tube TV? I'd give him about fifteen cents. Do some people really not have a clue what things are worth anymore?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/1221791833.html

2. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

LOL i can see my grandpa doing this. He's one of those old guys who thinks everything he owns is useful to other people in some way.
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

LOL i let him look a few pennies then take them back
  4. bcoffman

bcoffman Rockstar 100 Posts

That's crazy. whoever buy it I will sell them the water pump I just replaced on my wife car for $50. The bearing completely shot but it looks good...... LOL
  5. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

he was probably touching the TV when his house was struck, thus causing him to get a little fried too. The sad part is there is probably some idiot out there that will pay $200 dollars for it.
  6. ChevyFan

HAH!

I posted an Open Letter on craigslist to people who are selling old TVs.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/1222769221.html -- Vote it best of craigslist please.

7. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

LMAO!!

That truly says it all Steve.
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

T.V.'s are throw away any more, I don't know anyone who actually calls the service man out to the house once the warranty is up on one. I am the same way with computers, if they break with no warranty I throw them out and go buy another one. My lap top just broke last week, and I went to Wal-Mart and bought a brand new Dell for $400, so if I get 2 years out of it I will be happy. I bet you $20 Steve, that guy WILL get an offer on that TV for parts. Maybe someone needs a new glass screen or the plastic casing, I have seen crazier things.
  9. ChevyFan

There are dozens and dozens of these things being sold each week in every major city. Some people get a new flat panel and just get rid of their old set for $50 and it's gone. Some are trying to sell them as if they were the latest and greatest things.
  10. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

He'd probably make more money if he parted it out to multiple people instead of selling the whole broken thing to one person...there are plenty of people out there looking for antique stuff or wanting to repair "antique" stuff... someday this tv will be antique... and someone somewhere will be willing to use it to fix one they already have...... just you watch... in 10 years when we're watching antiques road show. we'll see that little 36" JVC tube tv... and they'll probably get $200 for it then :D