1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Odometer Light Stays on and makes noise

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by saucy, Feb 9, 2007.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. saucy

saucy New Member

I just purchased a 2003 suburban. The odometer light stays on when the key
    is turned off and it makes a little kind of hissing noise. Also when I tap the
    brakes the inside light dims. Help please.

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

All the dash lights or just the instrument cluster? How about the dome lights do they work OK? I was thinking it might be the dimmer control set to leave the lights on.

3. saucy

saucy New Member

The lights that show (prndl) and the battery light and the odometer numbers stay on. The park lights were staying on. It also made a kind of noise,
    not exactly ticking but a kind of humming noise on the drivers side dash.
    My husband took out some kind of little square plug and the lights now go off
    when the key is off. He tried a new one of the little square plugs but that
    didn't work. Am taking to shop on Monday but thought someone might have
    a suggestion. The dome lights work okay. Thanks for any info.

By the way all the lights work great when the key is on, the problem is only when key is off
    so we're thinking its some kind of fuse or electrical for sure.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007