Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

OEM Fog Install

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by tecster, Dec 10, 2011.

1. tecster

tecster Member

I've got an 2006 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab, I was wondering what it would take to install OEM STOCK Fogs...anyone ever done this?

2. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

buy a fog light kit from somewhere online (autoanything) and install it yourself.... usually comes with everything in the kit, housings, bulbs, wiring, switch

3. tecster

tecster Member

I want complete stock fitment...

4. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin Rockstar 100 Posts

I wanted to do this on my 03. There is a guy on ebay that sells a fog light kit. If your truck doesn't have a cutout on your valance for the fog lights, I would by one it costs about $65. In some cases the wiring for the fog lights are already in your truck.

Fog light kit- http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-06-CHEVY...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item56456f6c17
    Valance- http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVROLET-SILVERADO-03-07-FRONT-BUMPER-VALANCE-W-FOG-TOW-NEW-/290607913579?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2006|Model%3ASilverado+1500&vxp=mtr&hash=item43a994da6b

5. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

well the aftermarket (i.e. spyder, spec-d) are the exact same and cheaper than oem lighting as far as the housings and bulbs, i know you can find the fog switch in jc whitney or lmc truck for probably 50 dollars, but as far as running the wires through the computer and integrating them into your system you will want to talk to someone more experienced than me. i like having them on my own custom mounted switch (on when you want them to be, off when you want them to be), there is one drawback if you want complete oem style through the computer and that is you cant have your fogs on with your high beams, they will automatically shut off. but if you look through this site you can find a diode conversion to fix that for a few bucks. good luck to you and let us know how it turns out!

6. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you do this post a how to because I have been wanting to do this for a while now! I want to keep it as oem as possible to without it being overly costly.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Do they have the valence in black??

7. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sadly the Factory Front Valance's only come in Gray.

8. ntbush83

I've seen many stock trucks around though with black front valences??

9. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Are you talking about the NNBS 07" and up Silverado's/Sierra's.....having Black Valance....
    :glasses:

Edit:.....I have Not seen and/or heard of any Company, that makes Factory looking Black Valance's for the 99" to 07" Trucks....my guess is the ones you have been seeing.....have been painted.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  10. ntbush83

Okay once edited makes sense!! I was referring to stock valences on trucks that I've seen that are black but I've never seen a company either that produces them.