OEM Fog Light Bulb

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Macattac3572, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Macattac3572

Macattac3572 Member

I have been weeding through the post and have not found anything to help me out. I have the Z71 package on my 07 NNBS, the replacement bulb is a PS24WWF. Reading the reviews for the comparitive Putco bulb and they burn out quick and burn the fog light itself. I am wanting to go with possibly HID, still deciding. I don't want to remove the OEM fog light, just upgrade the bulbs. Has anyone made this upgrade to a different bulb? If so, was the OEM fog light left in place? How was bulb and/or lens modified for upgrade bulb? If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

2. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

sorry, I'm not sure about the bulbs....someone else might tune in soon
    that does, if not, I know our GM Dealer always searches their Database
    for me when I need to cross-reference parts or go away from OEM
    just for cost reasons....good luck in your search...Brian from Canada:glasses:

3. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I'll send a text message to my friend Mike who owns Longshot lighting, they see an HID distributor and he has done a tone of your style trucks. Give me a few hours and check back. I'll have a solution and even price options for an HID upgrade.

4. zigger215

Got your answer already. You need the 5202 bulb kit which is available in a 35 watt kit. You have your choice between a regular slim ballast for $80 or a fast bright kit for $150

The difference is basically what it says,
    Fast bright kits warm up WAY fast. For fog lights I don't think it's really needed. They are great for high beams though.

You will also need a relay kit which he also stocks on his website. They are cheap and a good thing to have.

Any questions about HIDs go ahead and post up, I'll be happy to answer them.

5. Macattac3572

Macattac3572 Member

Thanks zigger215, Didn't expect a solution this quick, Love this site.

6. zigger215

You're very welcome! Mike is an incredible nice dude, very helpful, customer service rocks!! Don't forget to order a relay harness!! He doesn't have it advertised yet but ask him about it.

7. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Another option that might be a little less expensive but durable is going with a high wattage LED.

8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I got a HID kit in my fogs 2 years ago for my Z71 The 5202's Best $40.00 I ever spent.. I went with the 35watt Slim ballest..