Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

OEM fuel lines?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by alchemist1, Oct 18, 2009.

1. alchemist1

alchemist1 Member

On my 1998 Suburban,
    The design of the sending unit fuel connections don't allow the classic scissor style fuel disconnect tool to be used (I have a good quality Lisle one). I had to go get some of the plastic ones at Advance this morning, the 3/8 and 5/16. Anyway, the thing just about won't go into slot because of the design of the connections, but I got it. I pulled the return line away from the sending unit, and I found that the internal spring steel ears had gotten mangled in the process. Basically, the steel spring release thing was still latched around the slot on the sending unit. I'm pretty sure you can't buy those things separately, they look like they should be made into the line.

couple questions:

1. Presume I probably need a new return line (up to the union fitting on the frame, midway up the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]truck[/COLOR][/COLOR])?

2. Can you insert the steel clamping ears back into the line (doubt it)?

3. I think someone had done this job before me - the words Airtex were written across the sender and pretty sure he had fubard the steel ears before me?

Thanks for the help

2. wucky

wucky New Member

I wish this was help, but I am trying to pull the intake off my '99 5.3L. None of the tool types I have seem to release the two lines to the fuel pressure regulator. If I learn something I will let you know. Your post is a good warning for me to use care. thanks.
    wucky