OEM GMC accessorie grill VS. E&G Classics Denali "z-Style" grill.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by TomK, Jun 26, 2009.

1. TomK

TomK Member

Well when I bought my truck I asked the dealer to install a Denali grill, I guess I should have been more specific about what I was was looking for because the grill they installed was a piece of junk. It was a very thin piece of metal with holes punched into it that just clipped on to the OEM grill, you can see the screws from the front of the car. I talked with the manager and they agreed to replace it for me with a better grill.

Now I have the option to get the GMC oval accesory grill, or the E&G classics "z-style" Denali grill. I have seen the OEM grill, and I know it is good quality, but I'm not crazy about the style. I have not seen the Denali style grill from E&G, and I'm just worried the quality would not be as good as the OEM.

Does anyone have the E&G grill? How do you like it? Which grill do you guys like better?

Denali style E&G?
    [​IMG]

OEM Oval Grill (best pic I could find)

[​IMG]

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

IS the E&G grille stainless steel, because I know the factory grilles are chrome plated plastic which turns funny after a while. I have seen a few of those aftermarket grilles with the punch design, and they are stainless steel inserts. Were you going to get a bolt-over, or did you want the cleaner look of an insert? I would honestly look for another one somewhere else, unless you are unable to take that grille apart yourself or don't have the time. I could only imagine what the dealer is charging you for that.

BUMP! :glasses:

3. TomK

TomK Member

I already bought a grill from the dealer, and they gave me a piece of junk bolt over grill. I talked to the manager and told him I paid wayy too much to get a grill like that. They agreed to exchange it for the E&G (which I think replaces the factory, its not just a bolt over), or the OEM GM oval grill.

I just don't know how good the quality of the E&G is because its aftermarket? It would have been much easier to swap the grill myself, I know not to buy anything from them now, they just try to rip you off :grrrrrr:

4. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i like the ones where theres just lines going horizontally, :) sexy.

but if i have to choose the second one looks nice.