1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

OEM GMC accessorie grill VS. E&G Classics Denali "z-Style" grill.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by TomK, Jun 26, 2009.

1. TomK

TomK New Member

Well when I bought my truck I asked the dealer to install a Denali grill, I guess I should have been more specific about what I was was looking for because the grill they installed was a piece of junk. It was a very thin piece of metal with holes punched into it that just clipped on to the OEM grill, you can see the screws from the front of the car. I talked with the manager and they agreed to replace it for me with a better grill.

Now I have the option to get the GMC oval accesory grill, or the E&G classics "z-style" Denali grill. I have seen the OEM grill, and I know it is good quality, but I'm not crazy about the style. I have not seen the Denali style grill from E&G, and I'm just worried the quality would not be as good as the OEM.

Does anyone have the E&G grill? How do you like it? Which grill do you guys like better?

Denali style E&G?
    [​IMG]

OEM Oval Grill (best pic I could find)

[​IMG]
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

IS the E&G grille stainless steel, because I know the factory grilles are chrome plated plastic which turns funny after a while. I have seen a few of those aftermarket grilles with the punch design, and they are stainless steel inserts. Were you going to get a bolt-over, or did you want the cleaner look of an insert? I would honestly look for another one somewhere else, unless you are unable to take that grille apart yourself or don't have the time. I could only imagine what the dealer is charging you for that.

BUMP! :glasses:
  3. TomK

TomK New Member

I already bought a grill from the dealer, and they gave me a piece of junk bolt over grill. I talked to the manager and told him I paid wayy too much to get a grill like that. They agreed to exchange it for the E&G (which I think replaces the factory, its not just a bolt over), or the OEM GM oval grill.

I just don't know how good the quality of the E&G is because its aftermarket? It would have been much easier to swap the grill myself, I know not to buy anything from them now, they just try to rip you off :grrrrrr:
  4. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i like the ones where theres just lines going horizontally, :) sexy.

but if i have to choose the second one looks nice.