Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

OEM seat skins?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by kennya, May 3, 2012.

1. kennya

kennya New Member

So where is the best place to get them? I have some bad stains on the drivers seat. Carpet cleaner wouldn't get them out. I really only need the driver and passenger... Thx! Oops, have cloth seats.

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Have you tried Spot Shot? That stuff gets dried blood and everything.

3. kennya

kennya New Member

Never heard of it, but will see if we might have it around here.

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

it comes in an aerosol or a trigger spray bottle. In my opinion the aerosol works better. Home depot carries it here.

5. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I bought a set of seats from a junkyard that were NASTY stained from having sat in a truck with no windows for who knows how long. The guys that took it out also left some really nice greasy hand prints all over them. The generally looked like I had dragged them out of a swamp. I used a hose, some Westley's Bleche-wite tire cleaner, a light scrub-brushing, a shop vac, a day in the sunshine and they came out like new!

[​IMG]

On my '03, since there were no hog rings used to hold the upholstery on, I took it off and ran it through the washing machine with some aggressive cleaner and they came out like new too. It was a pain to get the covers off because of the seat bely being mounted inside the seat, but it WILL come apart without damage!

But... NEVER... EVER put them in the dryer! Otherwise, your kid's Barbie Jeep will have some nice OEM seat upholstery!

Last edited: May 4, 2012