Off-Road course...

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by str8himalaya, Feb 12, 2011.

1. str8himalaya

str8himalaya Member

All you off-road guys i need an opinion. I am located in indiana, and The Badlands is a course not to horribly far away-http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/default.asp
    What im wondering is when i finish getting my leveling kit on (3" rear blocks, new torsion keys, nitro 9000 front and rear shocks), will i be alright to do some mild off roading? Here is my complete set up:
    2004 Chevy Silverado ext. cab Z71
    Leveling kit
    295/70/r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers

Just want to know what im in for. Thanks!

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Shouldnt be any reason why not.
    A few years ago I took a stock rental truck through some of the trails at The Badlands off-road park it did ok, we spent most of our time on a tow rope behind a built 79 Chevy.
    Just make sure you take at least 1 other truck with you and ensure ya'll are prepared with tools, extraction equipment, warm jackets, blankets, and food/water.

3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Should be good, I only have a leveling kit, 31's, and rusty worn out shocks and I get by just fine :rules:

4. str8himalaya

str8himalaya Member

I have a buddy that runs over there a few times a year in his JK, and he loves it. He runs 35's so he is taller than me, but at least he might be able to pull me out. I just dont want to get there and get too messed up. Also, any ideas of tools i should bring? Thanks for the input guys!

5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I would take some sort of recovery strap, a jack, socket set, lug wrench, and a fire extinguisher.