1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Off-Road course...

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by str8himalaya, Feb 12, 2011.

1. str8himalaya

str8himalaya Member

All you off-road guys i need an opinion. I am located in indiana, and The Badlands is a course not to horribly far away-http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/default.asp
    What im wondering is when i finish getting my leveling kit on (3" rear blocks, new torsion keys, nitro 9000 front and rear shocks), will i be alright to do some mild off roading? Here is my complete set up:
    2004 Chevy Silverado ext. cab Z71
    Leveling kit
    295/70/r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers

Just want to know what im in for. Thanks!
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Shouldnt be any reason why not.
    A few years ago I took a stock rental truck through some of the trails at The Badlands off-road park it did ok, we spent most of our time on a tow rope behind a built 79 Chevy.
    Just make sure you take at least 1 other truck with you and ensure ya'll are prepared with tools, extraction equipment, warm jackets, blankets, and food/water.
  3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Should be good, I only have a leveling kit, 31's, and rusty worn out shocks and I get by just fine :rules:
  4. str8himalaya

str8himalaya Member

I have a buddy that runs over there a few times a year in his JK, and he loves it. He runs 35's so he is taller than me, but at least he might be able to pull me out. I just dont want to get there and get too messed up. Also, any ideas of tools i should bring? Thanks for the input guys!
  5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I would take some sort of recovery strap, a jack, socket set, lug wrench, and a fire extinguisher.