Off road suspension

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by RoughneckRico, Nov 17, 2008.

1. RoughneckRico

RoughneckRico New Member

Heres the deal, I purchased my Colorado LT without the off road suspension package. Is there anything out there which is a better bargain than the Z71 from GM and that outperforms it on every turn?

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Tough call. I had a Toyota Tacoma Limited 4X4 double-cab with the TRD off road package and as far as suspension goes, it was

The TRD Package features a rugged combination of front and rear Bilstein shock absorbers (Tokico shocks on Double Cab), locking rear differential (not available on four-cylinder models), progressive-rate front coil springs and modified rear leaf spring suspension, a larger front stabilizer bar, P265/70R16 BF Goodrich tires, 16x7-inch alloy wheels, black overfenders and TRD graphics.

I'm not to sure what the Z71 package contained.

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Look on "PerformanceProducts.com" website and look for suspension section. There are lift kits listed for both 2 & 4 wd Colorados/Canyons. Some come with shocks, etc. It should give you the lift and room for larger tires. Good luck!