1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Off roading trails in Mo. (Missouri)

Discussion in 'MO - Missouri Chevy Truck Club' started by Springthing, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Does anyone have any insights as to where one could go to get a little 4wd fun out of their system?? I'm a 'true offroading' virgin and wouldn't mind knowing if there is anywhere to go to get my feet wet, so to speak.
  2. markmc

markmc Member

In another forum we are planning a trip to
    Ellington MO, for the weekend of 4/25/09
    You are welcome to meet us there to check it out!
    As of this moment we will be staying in Farmington MO.*(subject to change)
  3. Springthing

Woot! I'll make sure to keep an eye out for the post then. I think it would be worth the trip. Thanks for the heads up!
  4. markmc

markmc Member

i will have to keep you posted, the forum i was refering to is on another site..
    Stay tuned my friend...
    Not sure if we are staying in Farmington or Poplar Bluff yet...
    3 of us from chitown are meeting about ten others to hang for the
    weekend and do some offroading..
  5. markmc

markmc Member

The organisers of MORA have expanded the meet into a show and shine also.
    We now have the support of the Ellington chamber of comerce.
    They will be setting aside a parking lot for our trucks and open buisnesses early
    and late to acomadate us.
    This will be a very large meet!!
    All are welcome to attend.. 4/25/09
    Offroad day trip and show& shine
  6. DOC

DOC New Member

Head a little farther east of Branson and you're smack dab in the middle of Mark Twain Nat. Forest. Free four wheelin' fun for every one. Just grab a map (or not) and explore.
  7. Springthing

True dat.. but I'm unsure about what passes as acceptable, what isn't, and would hate to get anywhere and get stuck. :)
  8. Springthing

Mark, I don't supposed you could PM me a website or webpage about the event, if there is one?

Thanks for the update!
  9. DOC

DOC New Member

We spend a lot of time down there on 4 wheelers and all legal trails are marked with a brown fiberglass
    floppy post thing with a number on it, some even tell you how long the trail is.As for getting stuck, get a buddy with a 4wd to go with you, or just be very cautious if you go alone. I used to go by my self quite a bit back in the good old toyota days and never had a problem. I used reverse A LOT.
  10. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I was stationed about 130 miles nort east of Branson. I was only there for a short time but we found plenty of trails off the 17. Hope this helps, it's been a few years so I don't remember any towns but there were a lot of them. On a side note, I had my first taste of well water out there.