1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Off Topic: Is it bad that I ...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Camaro69car, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

Is it bad that I work for Apple, Yet own an Android phone, Windows computer, and no "i" anything?

Just looking for thoughts/responses.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

What do you do for Apple?

Don't take an iphone to Microsoft if you're a contractor.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would say that they do not give you enough of a discount as an employee. The discount should be so good that you can not say no
  4. Oh the irony.

i do agree with Pikey that your discount should be too good to turn down.
  5. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

It's a free country. Work for who you want and buy what you want.
  6. Pikey

I agree! But, in some cases companies make things harder if you work for them and buy another product. For example, I have many friends that work at the Chrysler head quarters. If you drive any competitors vehicle you have to park in a lot like 1/2 a mile away. If they catch you in the lot closest to the building they will put a boot on your vehicle. GM does no such thing at the Tech center. It is pretty funny, you pull into the lot and a large percentage of the vehicles are Chrysler minivans...
  7. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

LOL! So what is the penalty? Do they have to pay a fine to get the boot off?
  8. Pikey

I don't know I will have to ask.
  9. poncho62

poncho62 Member

I work for NAPA....their employee discount is great......like less than 1/2 price on some stuff.

The wages suck though....lol
  10. csltrains96

csltrains96 Member

I don't think that it is bad. Not only do you have some insights as to what the competition is doing, but you are also supporting a diverse economy where no one company or person has a monopoly on the market.

I think that companies that penalize their employees for buying outside their company have it backwards. In most cases, the employee thinks twice about buying something from the company that they work for if the choice is taken away from them. If your product is so good, let it speak for itself and win you over on its own merits.

My $0.02.