1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Official Western regional summer truck meet

Discussion in 'Meets & Get-Togethers' started by GMCErica, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Erica any updates on this meet? do you have a list of definite attendees, as of yet?

Fuel prices are coming down but one needs to shop for best cost. I use and update on Gasbuddy for Utah and Northern Nevada. Most are probably aware of Gasbuddy .com
    Jordanelle is a great place for fishing a variety of fish. One should go online and look at the fishing regulations and costs of out of state licenses before they arrive.

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Erica does the reservation include the park admission fees?
    Are there any discounts for the camping facilities?
    Is there an agenda set up and a director to handle the details?
    Not to be a pain but are the supplies like firewood supplied or does one need to bring or charcoal or.....?

I know that reservations at lodging are difficult and some are already booked so those wishing to lodge close to the Park should make necessary arrangements asap.
    There are a few cabins that can handle as many as 18- 28 lodgers if all got together and shared costs. One cabin I saw has several rooms and beds and 3 bathrooms as well as a neighboring bunk house which can handle 8.

Just FYI, ing for those planning to attend.

Thansk for all your time and patience in setting this up.

2. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

My wife so far has said she is not interested in going. I can drive on my own, but summer weekends are at a premium and all such time slots are a matter of negotiation between me and my wife. So negotiations will continue. I already have a two week slot in July set aside for just me for a trip to MOTO-GP at Laguna Seca Raceway (camping in the track park). This meet might be a reach to do without her coming along.

3. Coach24

Just get out the brochures and show her all that can be seen and done along the way. Get her a fishing rod and some bait then set that hook.:lol:

4. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Hi Everyone
    Okay here is some information... Write this stuff down...

I dont have an exact number of members, cause no-one posted YEA or NEA! But, I know that Coach and I were talking about a Tally... So maybe even could dig deep and post a repsonse...

#2- Important information for the meet:

- Remember to say at the gate: GMTC TRUCK CLUB - Day use-CABANA #1
    - Coach said he will bring the meat!! LOL no dirty jokes there... haha, what is everyone else thinking of eating??
    - Park Admission is about $9.00
    - Discounted camping $16.00- if your camping you get $2.00 as well. Please call TOLL FREE- 1-800-322-3770 to book
    - Bring your own charcoal
    - Pets NOT allowed at the beach!
    - Drinkable water provided at the site
    - No fire pit... Sorry, thought they had one... but if someone has one.. that would be great to bring

I don't have a banner to put up for you guys sorry, Don't have enough money to buy one... after booking all the US and Canada meets...So maybe someone would like to make one, or knows someone who can bring one. Thought it might be a great thing to have, then people know where to meet, and we can show our pride!

85 DAYS AND COUNTING EVERYONE!!!

5. Coach24

Thanks Erica for all you have done. Maybe we could get a pool going to pay for banners. do you have a cost negotiated as of yet?
    It would be cool as members if we could help cover some of your costs and make it something special.
    Anyone else feel the same?

6. giorge

giorge Rockstar 100 Posts

I guess since I live in UTAH I should go and take my boat.

7. Coach24

where in Utah. That would be cool if you could share some fun with boat rides. If that is what you are thinking

8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Although I will not be able to make it as I will be in Alaska on a Cruise for my 10 year anniversary, I want to thank Erica for all the hard work she has put into getting all of the regional meets together. Was a good weekend to as it is one of the weeks I always have off but the wife has been planning the cruise for quite awhile (took her about 10 years to convince me to go on one:lol:)

9. giorge

giorge Rockstar 100 Posts

I live up by Logan and yes I was thinking about maybe a little water skiing.
    I will plan on being there unless problems pop since I just put my mom in assisted living and my daughter has been diagnosed with cancer. I will just have to see how things go, a lot can change in 84 days.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  10. Coach24

Well I am in The Salt Lake Area so let me know what is going on. If this new job comes about I will be in Logan about every 6 weeks. I used to go to Preston quite a bit as I have a friend who lives there.I know they have a grea.t car show in Logan and i missed by one number of getting a muscle car a few years back. Let me know if I can help.
    We need to find out how many will attend and as I said I will supply meat and maybe a few other items. Finances arent great so I need a head count so I don't go to far over my budget.