1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

offset question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ebaker27, Jun 26, 2013.

1. ebaker27

ebaker27 New Member

i have a 2005 silverado z71 and im looking too put fuel mavricks on it, im looking at a set of 20x10s with either a -12 or -24 offset am i gunna have problems with rubbing, i want them to stick out, but dont wanna order them and not be able to turn

2. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

not really sure, but just by me replying this thread will go to the top of the list so more'll see it, also known as a BUMP "donyms" has oversize wheels on his ride maybe he'd know, have you tried a thread search for the word "offset" there may have been older threads on this issue that other people have answered in the past. Hope this helps -BFG-

3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

the -24 will stick out about 1/2 inch more than the -12

Lift and tire size?

4. ebaker27

ebaker27 New Member

well i dont have any yet, the truck is stock, im plannin on running 33s with a 3, key and block lift. but i dont want to order wheels in a crazy offset and then im not gunna be able to turn, i just want a safe wheel offset that will stick out, i also found a 20x9 that they have in +1 +12 and +24 offset witch would be more like stock

5. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

+12 will make the rim go inward so it will be more stock 0 offset i think you sit about an inch out give or take a little. i had32.75x11.25r20 wheels on fuel gauge rims on my nnbs with a 3" lift and they just cleared