Offset question.....

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by DSpivey, Feb 28, 2010.

1. DSpivey

DSpivey New Member

I think im gonna run some 20x10" wheels with a -25 offset. I ran some 9" rockstars with no problem with a 33" tire & i plan on running a 33" tire on this set. I was just wondering if having a -25 offset & being 10" wide is gonna cause me no to be able to turn full lock with 33's & 20's?
  2. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider New Member

Your going to rub with that big of an offset. I have 18x10's with -16 offset and they rub at full lock. My truck has 3" keys in the front also. I have seen guys run 20x10's with a big offset with just a leveling kit but i wouldnt go over the size of maybe a 285/55/20 (33x11.7x20).
  3. Corins

Corins New Member

Would I have troubles with a set of 17x9 with +25 offset?
  4. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider New Member

No because that's basically a stock offset. You get into rubbing when you go with really big tires and a small lift or you get negative offset wheels. Even guys that put a 6 inch lift with 35x12.50's have problems because they get negative offset wheels and they still rub. But since you have a positive offset wheel you shouldn't have any problems, granted you don't get 35's with a 2 1/2 inch lift. Different applications vary you will just have to put it on and see. That's the best way to learn. Hope this helps.
  5. DSpivey

DSpivey New Member

so what you're telling me is i would be ok as long as i run a smaller wheel like a 285/55/20? or would i still probably rub really bad?
  6. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider New Member

Yeah a 285/55/20 would be good. you would still rub a little bit but not too bad. I was wondering the same thing when i put my tires and wheels on. Kyles03 has a 03 X-cab chevy without a leveling kit (stock keys maxed out) and he is running a 285/55/20 Nitto Terra Grappler on a 20x10" -25 offset rim and his truck looks awesome. Look him up and take a look if you want to get an idea.