Oh Damn March Madness 2014

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Caddiac, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I hate it when Basketball players loose to Athletes. But inevitably, when you talk trash before the game, you eat crow later. So let it be with Wisconsin's Coach. In the end, the traditional saying of the humble rings true; " Run mouth, make ass hurt." GO CATS!!!!!

2. GeorgiaZ71

GeorgiaZ71 Member

Well, I really didn't care who won the NCAA Tourney once Michigan State was beat by UConn, as my bracket was completely busted........but I guess I was happy UConn won.

On a sidenote, the officiating was absolutely horrendous throughout this whole Tournament. There must have been at least 5 close games that were actually decided by the officials in my opinion. Bogus calls, which totally changed the outcome of the game...when a game is a blowout, the refs don't matter too much. But when the game is close and back and forth...I feel the refs play a huge part.

I really don't know how "good" UConn really is...how does a team 4 weeks ago, lose to Louisville by about 40 pts (yes they lost by almost 40!!), end up winning it all? I guess they peaked at the right time, and it didn't hurt that Villanova, Michigan State then Florida all played a terrible game against them.

3. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Well UConn played a good game against Kentucky and had a great year otherwise. But yea, 40 points what was that all about? Florida surprised me. They lost by what - 1pt at UConn and then was soundly whipped by them in the tournament. I expected it to be Florida and Kentucky. Figuring Florida would avenge their loss to UConn. Oh well if picking the brackets were that easy, Warren Buffet would be a billion short - LOL.