Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Ohio? Anyone else from Ohio on here?

Discussion in 'OH - Ohio Chevy Truck Fans' started by Jacked, Jul 1, 2009.

1. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I'm from Franklin! What are the chances of that!? Middletown is seriously a 5 minute drive from where I live. Small world.

2. Bowtie Man

Bowtie Man Member

Hey fellow buckeyes! Im about five minutes away from the lake up in Lorain, Ohio. Just joined the group and i'm number 27. good to see some other ohioans!

3. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I just joined group, I am in Mentor, OH

4. msvx95

msvx95 Rockstar

Hello Tim I am in mentor on the lake actually.

5. Curky

I was looking at your picture. I am sure I have seen your truck. Not everyone has that window decal. I am in the Headlands. I have nothing on mine to be noticed by looks yet. Wife has to get a job before I can spend money on extras.

6. msvx95

msvx95 Rockstar

Yes I had this decal re-done when I lived in columbus a few years ago I love it. I'm in the process of fixing things that keep breaking on the truck. Ohio is really harsh on the frame with the salt...I'm finding that out the hard way.

7. Curky

It is bad for the frame here. This works for me but at the end of summer/ early fall. With all my cars in the past I have greased everything under and put an undercoat spry underneath. It helps a lot. My neighbor showed me how to do all this. His truck is 9yrs old and has almost no rust at all. Give it a shot. Worth the $60 a year.

8. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I'm from Ohio too. And boy you're right, these winters are rough. This upcoming winter will be my first with my current truck and it ALREADY has some rust underneath. (it's an 09!) Do you recommend doing this or do you think it'd be better to go to Ziebart and get it professionally done?

9. Curky

If you have the money than get it done professionally (are you going to do it twice a year?), here is my point. It is cheaper for you to do it yourself. $12 for a bucket of grease, $12 spray rhino spray from auto zone. Also if you do it yourself you do it twice a year with 1 bucket and 2 cans of spray ($36). I hit the frame and most non moving parts with the spray. And grease everything else. Make sure to get your brake lines. Do it in the grass that way the spray will grow out of the grass.lol
    The choice is up to you but I like doing it myself. When you do it you see everything under the and can see if anything is wrong or going to be a problem.

10. Sir Koscoe

Sir Koscoe Member

Bringing thread back fromt he dead. I live in Byesville Ohio which is in Guernsey County. I need some help with my breaks. 99 Silverado. I need to get the truck in the air to look at it. Anybody close want to lend a hand? I have no garage as of now.