1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Oil all over rear quarter panel

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Jonesygmc, Jul 1, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Jonesygmc

Jonesygmc New Member

Hey guys

Just wanted to ask the best way to get oil off my paint. The idiot that parks his motorcycle beside me started his bike with his oil plug off and blew oil all over the entire rear quarter panel and over my plastic tonneau cover, then to top it off he wiped the oil off with my new $20 micro fiber wash mitt. So any ideas on how to get the oil off the paint and tonneau cover? Ive heard dawn dish detergent or automotive degreaser?

Thanks in advance guys!

Cheers

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I would use Automotive degreaser, then follow that up with a good coat of wax since the degreaser will remove the wax that is currently on it.. Same for your cover, use a good cleaner and then follow it up with a good conditioner to keep everything looking nice (that is if it is a soft tonneau) if it is a hard cover do the same as with your paint

3. Cuda1500

Cuda1500 Member

where i work we have a regular soap for removing oil off the floors, you could probily find it at a local auto shop.

4. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ditto...plus shave your buddies head and use his hair to mop up and excess oil.