Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Oil Change Deal

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Conlan Rose, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Just a heads up to members that Autozone is currently running a deal of a 5qt Valvoline synpower jug and brand name filter(Bosch, Delco, Motorcraft, Fram, or STP) for $29.99 this week. Thats an amazing price for what normally would be about $40+.

2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Good heads up. Although, between AutoZone and Pep Boys, there is a "5-qt jug with filter" deal almost every week.

3. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Is that Dexos compliant???

4. Conlan Rose

100% compliant as are all Valvoline products in their respective areas.

5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree. Also, Walmart has 5qt jugs of Mobile 1 for $22 all the time, sometimes they are on sale for $18-$19. So, for the $22 price and the $4 Delco filter you come in at $26. That is before any sale price. The only thing I buy at walmart is my oil. I order my delco filters from amazon, they are around $3.50 each. So, in my opinion a $29 oil change special is not all that special. unless of course you only use valvoline and are saving significantly on the price of the oil. I notice with those deals though that many times they drop the price of the oil significantly, but charge a crazy amount for the filter. ($6)

6. Conlan Rose

Yah usally the filters minus the Delco ones get hiked up but this deal was 29.99 for the oil and the filter. Plus it counts towards my Autozone rewards to save money later. Recently I have been switching the truck to all Valvoline products because you can get almost every fluid for my by them and they all have synthetic forms. Also Valvoline is a registered fluid manufacture for GM's Auto tranny fluid.