1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Oil change message

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jn6967, Sep 14, 2008.

1. jn6967

jn6967 New Member

Ok, gang, here's the skinny.....

I own 2003 Sierra. Just turned 66k. I bought it when it had 63k on it. I changed the oil when I first got it and just recently again at 66k.( I am anal about the 3000 mile thing) Anyways, after I had changed the oil, the "change engine oil" message appeared when I first start the truck. I did not even know I had that on the truck. Well, I cant figure out how to reset the message. Does anyone know how to reset the messages?

Jon

2. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I make sure to change my oil ever 3000 too. It bugs me if i dont.

To reset the engine oil light, you have to turn the key once and pump the brake 3 or 4 times (cant remember) and then turn the ignition off imediatly after that.

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

To reset the change engine oil light message, turn the ignition key to run with the engine off. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds. If the change engine oil message flashes for five seconds, the system is reset.

4. Champagne706

Champagne706 Member

haha i didn't even know that ! :great::great: does that work on my 07 ??

5. jn6967

jn6967 New Member

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try next time out.