Oil Filters Revealed

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Dr_Zero, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero New Member

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

Honestly after looking carefully at all of those pictures, the Bosche actually looks like it has way more media in it. I have never bought anything Bosche in my life, except some fuel injectors I bought for my 3.1 multi-port and they seem to work good, but mostly they all look the same to the common eye. I do know what your saying about them being made by different companies, but they just slap different stickers on them and charge more or less money for them. I think it's all personal preference in a way, you stick with what you know in the long run.

Thanks for posting this up for eveyone, very informative. :great:
  3. 178kchevy

178kchevy New Member

Thanks for posting this. I have been looking for info like this. Personally, I use Castrol 5w30 with Napa Gold filter and my 350 Vortec is in great shape. I have a friend who is an ASE Certified Mechanic and this is what he runs and he is a fanatic about his vehicles. I probably wouldn't hesitate to use Mobil or Purolator filters either but I absolutly wouldn't use a Fram. I wouln't even put it on my worst enemy's vehicle. Just my opinion though.
  4. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero New Member

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  5. daddytech

daddytech New Member

looks like the fram tough guard, Purolator one, Motorcraft, Mobil 1, K&N and a couple others are really good filters compared to the others , helps with my decision on which one i'll buy for sure. I have been using the Mobil 1 filters but not because I knew there was more paper in them. I just used them because they are made by the same people as the K&N and they are a little cheaper here than the K&N filters

Very Interesting post, thanks for sharing the info, I enjoyed seeing that. often wondered what they paper was actually like in side of those things
  6. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero New Member

Would this maybe be worthy of a sticky? :neutral:
  7. daddytech

daddytech New Member

depends on what the hell a sticky is , I book marked them myself and I am probably going to copy and paste everything to a document that I can show others later in case the site link is pulled.