Oil Filters Revealed

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Dr_Zero, Mar 14, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero New Member 100 Posts

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Honestly after looking carefully at all of those pictures, the Bosche actually looks like it has way more media in it. I have never bought anything Bosche in my life, except some fuel injectors I bought for my 3.1 multi-port and they seem to work good, but mostly they all look the same to the common eye. I do know what your saying about them being made by different companies, but they just slap different stickers on them and charge more or less money for them. I think it's all personal preference in a way, you stick with what you know in the long run.

Thanks for posting this up for eveyone, very informative. :great:
  3. 178kchevy

178kchevy New Member

Thanks for posting this. I have been looking for info like this. Personally, I use Castrol 5w30 with Napa Gold filter and my 350 Vortec is in great shape. I have a friend who is an ASE Certified Mechanic and this is what he runs and he is a fanatic about his vehicles. I probably wouldn't hesitate to use Mobil or Purolator filters either but I absolutly wouldn't use a Fram. I wouln't even put it on my worst enemy's vehicle. Just my opinion though.
  4. Dr_Zero

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  5. daddytech

daddytech New Member 100 Posts

looks like the fram tough guard, Purolator one, Motorcraft, Mobil 1, K&N and a couple others are really good filters compared to the others , helps with my decision on which one i'll buy for sure. I have been using the Mobil 1 filters but not because I knew there was more paper in them. I just used them because they are made by the same people as the K&N and they are a little cheaper here than the K&N filters

Very Interesting post, thanks for sharing the info, I enjoyed seeing that. often wondered what they paper was actually like in side of those things
  6. Dr_Zero

Would this maybe be worthy of a sticky? :neutral:
  7. daddytech

daddytech New Member 100 Posts

depends on what the hell a sticky is , I book marked them myself and I am probably going to copy and paste everything to a document that I can show others later in case the site link is pulled.