Oil Filters to avoid with NNBS 5.3L engines.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by stchman, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was talking to [MENTION=57614]stchman[/MENTION], but I know how much you like amazon also.

2. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Really, that sucks. They probably ran out and used the PF47E in their place. 99% of the people won't notice the difference.

I went to Amazon and they are $8 each. I would scoop a bunch up.

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think that I paid $4.19 for the Pf46. I do have a crap load of PF47 and vehicle to fit them. I will probably sell them on CL.

4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

PF52 is 4.19 at Autozone. Darn that is cheap!! Worth picking up a few.

5. stchman

I would pick up at least 12 for that price.

6. Conlan Rose

I may do that once I have my get my $20 rebate from my member rewards. Once you spend $20 5 times they give you $20 back so I'll wait until I get that so I can save some cash.

7. stchman

I have one of those AutoZone membership things. They keep changing the rules all the time. Now it has to be 5 $20 purchases, but you cannot do more than one $20 purchase a day. I knew a guy that bought a lot from AZ(he had a business) and he would routinely make 10 $20 purchases in a day and really racked up the rewards.

8. Conlan Rose

I didn't know they changed that.... They must have caught on to me. I did that so much when I had a major project on the truck.

9. stchman

Yes, when I had a big purchase at AZ I asked the guy to break it up into as many $20 multiples as we could. He then pointed out to me that AZ changed their policy to one $20 purchase a day for the rewards.

10. Conlan Rose

Guess I'll just need to plan ahead and go there multiple days.