1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

oil hoses

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by brusk, Jun 9, 2009.

1. brusk

brusk New Member

00 4x4, What do you guys do to fix the leaky oil hoses to the remote filter and cooler. I cut the crimps and took off the hoses. Was going to just buy hydraulic hose and t clamps and be done. Can't find exact size for the hydraulic hose for some reason either too small or just barely too big to be a good seal. I want a non leaky oil system.
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

I just changed the oil hoses on my truck. I bought new ones from GM. It's not a good idea to patch the hoses with new rubber hose and hose clamps because they can blow off after you get some miles on them.
    You can also get the hoses from Napa or anyone that sell Dorman. I was warned the Dorman hoses sometimes don't fit very well so I opted for the OE hoses. Another possibility is to remove your hoses and take them to a hydraulic shop that makes hoses. They can replace the hoses and crimp them like they were new. Have fun!
  3. brusk

brusk New Member

Thanks, it seems most people do just cut and clamp on new hoses. I don't know about all years but mine came with ribs under the hoses so there's no fear of the new one pulling off. I'll be using good clamps and probably doubling up on each for safety. From what I've heard even replacing them is a temporary fix as they will eventually leak again. Something about the aluminum heat cycling and loosing it's grip. And I didn't want to pay the 50 bucks or whatever the dealer wanted for each set.