1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

oil leak

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by serg, Jun 21, 2011.

1. serg

serg Member

Truck still at the dealer they say it fixed I don't believe them we shall see wednesday morning
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

3. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

Where is it leaking from, and is it a simple repair or a in depth issue?

G/L BTW!!!
  4. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Thank you for the update. Continue to keep us posted. Thank you again.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  5. serg

serg Member

So dealer drove my truck for 78miles and no leak, but its a wonder what cleaning the leak off will do. I drove it to work today round trip about 150miles and leaking again what a surprise. it's leaking in front of the bell house where transmission and motor bolt up. so if anyone has any thoughts please reply

Thanks Serg
  6. silveradotrailblazer

Try another dealer.:grrrrrr:
  7. serg

serg Member

will another dealer cover it if it's out of warranty because it's been a ongoing problem
  8. silveradotrailblazer

If you have all the paper work they should cover.
  9. Bigg Ron

Bigg Ron Rockstar 100 Posts

Have they said exactly what they have repaired in order to stop the leak?
  10. serg

serg Member

They have repaired the rear main seal, oil pan gasket, oil sending gasket behide the starter, transmission pump, transmission oil pan gasket, Dye in the motor 2X,
    over 60 gal of my gas over 9 months and no fix.

like I said before the leak is coming from where the tranny joins the motor coming down the plastic black cover in front of bell housing no oil when I left the dealer on Wednesday morning drove it home truck sat all day thursady friday drove to work about 150miles round trip and check it when I got home and started to see oil coming out of where I mentioned above.

Any suggestions?
    I' am going to try Paul Masse Chevy next, Hurd chevy isn't making the cut anymore!!!!!!!