Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Oil Life Monitor Reset

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Thunderchild, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Member

All, how do you reset the oil life monitor? I have been looking but can't find out how to do it. I change my own fluids so I don't go to the dealer. Thanks!!

:glasses:

2. sc99z71

sc99z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Turn the key to RUN then mash the gas to the floor 3 or 5 times quickly, I can't remember exactly howmany times. I just do 5 and it works.

3. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike Rockstar 100 Posts

sc99 is close. 3 full pedals in under 5 seconds. you dont have to speed race it, just make sure the pedal travels all the way to the floor. may have to move the floormat out of the way

4. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Member

Thanks all. I finally found it on page 34 of the General Tech questions. I thought originally it was the brake but obviously that did not work. I will take care of it this weekend when I change the oil. Thanks again!!

:great: