1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

oil light reset

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by mashburn, Jun 29, 2009.

1. mashburn

mashburn Rockstar

im changing my oil later and need to know how to reset my oil milage counter...if not it will say change oil soon till i figure it out
  2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The instructions for oil light reset is in your owner's manual if you don't get an answer here in time.
  3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

usually its three stomps of the gas pedal within five seconds of turning the key to the on position. Unless you have one of the new trucks with the four buttons. You would have to cycle through one of the buttons until you come to the oil life, then press and hold the check mark button till the oil life reset.
  4. Jonesygmc

Jonesygmc New Member

on my 04, its cycle through to the oil life setting (car off in park) and put the gas peddle to the floor 5 times, should read oil life reset.

Cheers!
  5. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you dont have the buttons to cycle through to oil mileage then turn the ignition to the on position without cranking and press gas pedal 3 times within 5 seconds and it should read that it has been reset.
  6. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

default for most gm vehicles is key on engine off depress gas pedal 3 times within 5 seconds
  7. Wrench

Wrench Rockstar

what he said. and if you do have the 4 buttons, it should still reset with the 3 pedal stomps
  8. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

owners manual bro