Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Oil pressure gauge going nuts

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by charliestarr, Jan 4, 2014.

1. charliestarr

charliestarr New Member

Starting 2 days ago my oil pressure gauge would go straight to 80 when I start the truck and now its going from 80 to 0 rapidly. No oil leaks and its not low. Truck still run great. Any idea what's going on. Please help. 2006 silverado 4.8L with 225,xxx miles

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Problem, could be with either the Sending Unit, or Bad Connection and last the Stepper Motor, from what you've mentioned I would say, that the Problem is Most likely with the Stepper Motor for the Oil Gauge, is going Out/Bad, and needs to replaced.....as this is a Common Problem on the 2003' to 2006" Trucks and SUV's Dash Cluster's.

3. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I agree with [MENTION=25593]99'HEARTBEAT[/MENTION] the stepper motors have had issues in those years but the TSB recall they sent me for my 03 Escalade only mentioned the spedometer, tach, and fuel gauges were effected. yeah the oil pressure gauges(stepper motors or sending units) in chevys seem to always have had issues. My 96 starts out at 60-70 and after its good and warm almost shows 0 at an idle.. go to take off and with the rpm's increasing so does the oil pressure up to about 40 at normal 2k rpm's. As long as your not hearing any ticking in the motor after its running a bit it should be all good.