1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Oil Pressure Light on 2005 Trailblazer EXT? ~ (Oil Maintenance Light - Solved!)

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by ChevyFan, Feb 18, 2014.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

My driving my dad's 2005 Trailblazer around for the past few days, the oil pressure indicator light has been showing when it's first started up when cold and staying on for anywhere from about 5-10 seconds, and my brother is in town and he says that he pulled it into the driveway and that the light must have stayed on for 30 seconds.

Once you hit the throttle just a little bit the light goes off, and the oil looks good and registers just fine on the dipstick. Wondering if we're looking at an oil pump situation or maybe some sludge? It's been a while since I've had to deal with an oil pressure problem ... oil loss I've had to deal with, just not pressure.

This is assuming that the oil light is referring to pressure.

edit: Wait, there's a pressure gauge and the pressure is at 55 when cold at idle. That's fine. The vehicle has been sitting for a while so maybe there is something from that?

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I guess it's been a while since I've owned a Trailblazer. It's the Oil Maintenance Light. Duh.