1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Oil pressure test. Sierra 5,7 L TBI 1993

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by GMSIERRAF1, Oct 13, 2011.

1. GMSIERRAF1

GMSIERRAF1 New Member

Hi. Do I need to remove the distributor, to get conected to the oil pressure sending unit. before i can do a oil pressure test ? ore can I accsess on a different location. seems impossible to conect the oil pressure gauge with out removing the distributor. I,m thankfull for help :money: Kind regards.. Mario from Norway
  2. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

Look about two inches above the oil filter and there should be another threaded hole where you can get the oil pressure.
  3. GMSIERRAF1

GMSIERRAF1 New Member

I have been searching for it ,but i cant find it. If 2 " above oil filter must be impossible to conect the gauge. Maybe just to har to find it when I,m lie under the car on my back. But thanks anyway