1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

oil pressure?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 2wheelmudder, May 17, 2010.

1. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

so i put a thread earlier about my check gauges light poppin up, noticed as i started to accelerate my pressure would drop from 20 to 0 then back up to bout 50, runs usually around 60, drops down to 40 every once in awhile, and as i slow it will sometime drop to 20, i have to check my oil still anyone have this problem at all?
  2. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

sending unit?? I would go get a mechanical oil pressure gauge and put on it, to be safe. Cost is around 20 bucks, cheaper than a new motor...my .02
  3. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Sounds like a sending unit because an oil pump wouldnt be so consistantly eratic. They ussually produce progressivly lower pressure until they quit all together.
  4. 2wheelmudder

5. 2wheelmudder

so you guys mean an oil pressure sending unit or recommend getting a mechanical oil sensor? where is the unit located
  6. tiresmokindad

tiresmokindad New Member

I have the same problem of yours. I think the pressure of your oil met at maximum pressure. But if you chill it out it suddenly drops.