Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Oil pump replacement cost? [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by 805savana, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 805savana

805savana New Member

Has anyone had to replace the oil pump on their 2002+ GMC Savana, or same year 5.0 pick up? If so, what did it cost, and was it done by a dealer? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Here is a Oil pump for your Ride from Auto Zone,just to give you a idea on price,

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ca...Pump&fromWhere=&searchText=&_requestid=867557

Sorry I can't help you on the cost to have pump installed.
  3. 805savana

805savana New Member

Thanks, it's funny you chose autozone of all places, that's where I bought mine. Anyway, I have already changed out my pump, (last night), I was just curious how much money I saved. I tried calling the dealer, but they wouldn't settle on a labor cost w/o seeing the vehicle?? So, I thought I'd take a swim in this forums vast pool of knowledge. Thanks again!

If anyone does have an answer please still post it I'm still curious.
  4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

easy way to figure that is just figure out how long it took you, the dealership will tell you what your hourly rate is, I know my ripoff dealer is 120 an hour
  5. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN Rockstar 100 Posts

you saved money and you got piece of mind also, i called to get a price to replace a wheel bearing, 600 bucks, so said screw it and learned, i was done in under an hour and i am not a wrench , oh there are things to go to the dealer for, easy parts aren't one of them,

i did an oil pump on an old wagon, well new wagon old days lol, thats when i knew i hated to wrench on motors lol
  6. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Call around to some shops. Forget the dealerships. There is a labor book on everything that tells how long a repair should take. I think you can call around and easily get some estimates from shops on an oil pump replacement. I do it all the time.
    As someone else said....how long did it take you? add at least 1.5 hours to that and you might get a shops charge LOL....And then there is the markup on the part. $45 at Autozone......shop will jack that up double triple.
    You saved hundreds easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.