Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

OK all you plumbers out there ... dripping shower question

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Apr 16, 2014.

1. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Kirk [MENTION=67591]kbonanny[/MENTION] you are an inspiration to all of us, thank you.

2. kbonanny

kbonanny New Member

Thanks...LOL

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ugh. I'm trying to get the toilet apart and its one of these johns that's in its own little room so there is very little room to work. Plus I'm not a small guy either.

Anyhow, started taking the tank apart and one side came off easily, but the second is rusted on the nut and the top thread on the slotted tank bolt rusted as well and partially broke off.

So after about 90 minutes working on it I figure I have to drill it out. Drills not charged, have to wait till tomorrow I guess.

For the shower for now I just put in a 1/2" ball valve on the shower head. I figure that we have a mini remodel planned for the summer and I'll tack this onto that list.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, what? I took the Chrome case off but didn't see anything that looked like it was a nut.

- - - Updated - - -

OK. .. The toilet is fixed. Had to drill out the bolt enough that I could get a screwdriver into the hole and keep it still.

That sucked. If I had it to do again I would have just b bought a new unit.

4. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

$200 bucks at Lowes...but not having to put put up with a crappy crapper.....priceless

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

It's all fixed now, and it works great. Just was the lack of space and one single frozen nut that caused this to go from an easy project to a big pain.

- - - Updated - - -

It's all fixed now, and it works great. Just was the lack of space and one single frozen nut that caused this to go from an easy project to a big pain.

6. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I had one that used a metal ring under the pipe flange to secure the pipe to the floor and the toilet to the pipe. I noticed the toilet was loose so when I remodeled I expected trouble. The John delivered. Ring was rusted out and I had a hard time finding a replacement - specifically because it had to be two piece to get under the pipe flare where the old one was one piece.

Nothing like home ownership. Houses are great places to store all the stuff you need to take care of the house......

7. ChevyFan

Just got around to changing out the dripping faucet in the main bathroom shower/tub combo. Turns out it was a delta cartridge pre-2006 so I was able to pick up a street water key for $10 and the cartridge for $30 at lowes. Took about 20 minutes total.

41C95AF46DL._SY300_.jpg

8. jmcover

jmcover Rockstar

Had to go out to the street to shut off the water? You're handy, add a ball valve shut off in the house

9. ChevyFan

If there is one ... probably is ... couldn't find it.