1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ok now time to tackle interior.. 2002 Suburbanan 2500 "commercial"

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by stephenwsmith, Nov 15, 2011.

1. stephenwsmith

stephenwsmith New Member

Ok.

What I'd like is the nicest leather seating set (dark Gray/black/graphite) that I could put into the truck. It would be super if they were heated. Has anyone had any experience putting in a set of seats from an Escalade or Yukon Denali into a suburban?

I'm looking for a good source for a full set of seats, what I have now is graphite colored vinyl seats (I had thought with the window tint that they were blueish when I first saw them) but they are graphite colored seats in the front and middle. The middle seat is basically new, never sat in, the drivers seat beatup, passengers seat ok.

So does anyone know if the wiring to "power seats/heater" is in the floor of my Suburban, or since mine is the base/commercial model (manual roll down windows even) what wiring harness do I need to connect to get the power down on the floor. And where would I go to get a set of nice seats...

Or does anyone know a company that makes a set of leather covers I could take to an upholstery shop, with aftermarket heaters, to use the seat core's I have, then I'd only need a third row seat.

Stephen
  2. Joeairforce

Joeairforce New Member

Pick-n-pull/Pull-a-part is going to be your friend to do this....
  3. stephenwsmith

stephenwsmith New Member

Any suggestion of what to pay? or to offer I was thinking $800 for all three rows of leather seats and center console?
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Finding the seats is going to probably be a tough one to deal with. The junkyard would be the first place to look, but typically seats are pretty well beat up before reaching the junkyard and at the minimum would need cleaning up or being reupholstered. You may be able to find a set on craigslist or the sort locally.

Wiring, you have a 50/50 shot of the wiring for power seats to be there. GM liked to pre-wire and standardize their wiring harnesses, but of you have the W/T version of the truck, the wiring may not be there. For the power seats though, it's just a constant hot wire that powers the seat. Heated seats will be a switched wire and I think goes through some door switches if not the computer to turn on and off. However, you can manually set it up with a pair of toggle switches on a switched power source.
  5. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

There are seats floating around. Start with craigslist and "escalade leather" as a search...
  6. McMahan

McMahan New Member

A little info Silverado SS and VHO has heated leather seats in dark gray. Just a couple other vehicles to look at.
  7. stephenwsmith

stephenwsmith New Member

Hey got the truck detailed today...

You know the vinyl seats and floor liner look great now...

Anyone know of something different like Sheepskin covers etc for the front seats...

Also how do I get my picture to update?
  8. Joeairforce

Joeairforce New Member

If your talkin about the one over there <<<<<-----

Edit Profile > Edit Avatar
  9. stephenwsmith

stephenwsmith New Member

Is it that I am just an "apprentice" or is there something else as I dont see where I can "edit" profile, I see customize profile, but not a place there to change the avatar.
  10. Joeairforce

Joeairforce New Member

Tool bar at the top of the forum.... Forum Actions > Edit Profile. then on left side of screen menu you will see Edit Avatar.