1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ok so i had a good idea

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 89suburban350, Jun 5, 2007.

1. 89suburban350

89suburban350 Rockstar 100 Posts

im gonna get my burb to 300+ HP..... i raced a modded focus ZX3 and he was behind me the whole time and the only thing i have on my burb is exhaust.... now where i wanted to start is getting one of those 14 x5 k&n air cleaners, then a Hypertech Chip, then maybe get the stock heads ported and polished and then the intake the same... maybe some apc decals lol j/k... where should i go from there i dont wanna do any forced induction or spray... its already 210 stock and i dont know what it is with the exhaust...
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

wow, sounds cool. Better lower your burb if you want to go fast, it doesn't take corners very well.
  3. 89suburban350

it already is.. 5/4 i just need to get a sway bar
  4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

c'mon go for 1 hp per cube....go for 350hp
    300 should be no problem.

When you say exhaust, does that include headers?

I would say a nice roller cam, and roller rockers will free up some hp quite nicely, and combined with your other plans will put you up in the 300's easy.
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Air entering the motor and exiting the motor is an excellent start. So heads are a natural. Stay away from piston and compression changes (unless its getting tired) They usually don't give you enough bang for the buck. Sounds like you've kinda got the idea. Your right too, staying away from spray is not a good idea. Things tend to go BOMB, leaving you with an even bigger bill. IMO
  6. 89suburban350

no no headers till a week from now... longtubes ftw!!!

btw you should've seen the ricer focus' kids face when he got ran by a suburban
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  7. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Priceless!
  8. 89suburban350

yea but then hated myself when i got home when i wasted all that gas on a 130 HP Twin cam P.O.S
  9. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sorry to any normal focus owners, but most of them are retards.

When I had my '01 Ranger, one of my co-workers had the zx2 focus, and kept trying to race me all the time. One day we were both at the toll booth on NH101 out by the seacoast, and I noticed that they tried gunning it away. I wasted that little focus. No more race attempts after that for some reason.:lol:

I still don't understand why they think they've got fast cars, modified or not. It's still a focus.:rules:
  10. 89suburban350

Saleen makes one that is a 2 Fast 2 Furious dream.. its a focus zx3 with an ugly body kit and a nitrous bottle... but heres the puny part of it, the nitrous can't be used or the warranty is voided!!!! hahahahaha