GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Okay, what is with these commercials….???

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 2011laserblue, Jan 19, 2014.

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

So I don't want to start a war or anything, and I hate saying negative things about GM at any time but I just have to get this off my chest.

What is the deal with these new silverado commercials? I've shaken my head and asked myself "what the heck was that?" to every single one I've seen so far, but the one that was aired during the Pats vs. Bronco's game topped all of them.

Yeah…nothing says "man" like tofu and veggie burgers? Maybe I'm missing the bigger picture here….but I think Chevrolet needs a different marketing campaign…because these commercials, at least in my opinion, are flat out embarrassing.

Here are a few that I could find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPgEBRAgcIQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIHgcaFRmrY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY0QtUILxBI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RgGTdnQICM

Unfortunately I couldn't find the one that I just saw….but if any of you were watching the game you know what I'm talking about. I'm sure it will show up on youtube soon…it was bad.

Perhaps I'm being too critical…what do you guys think? Do you like this campaign thus far?

This was my favorite GM commercial - what was yours?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_hW_YZfxv8
  2. the phantom

the phantom New Member

Im not sure of thier whole approach for advertising but theyre really not all that informative. They seem to be just introducing the new silverado this way but giving no information about it or incentives to buy them. I cant say as im embarrased about the ones you posted(no didnt see the one you were talking about)but seems like some wasted advertising money to me. I think it was just a way to get people to relate to situations trucks are used for but its really not "selling" the silverado IMO.
  3. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

I found it!!!!!!!!

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7TLD/2104-chevrolet-silverado-high-country-bbq-tailgate

Oh my gosh I'm so embarrassed……NONE of these commercials make a lick of sense to me….

The High Country is B.A. though :glasses:
  4. the phantom

the phantom New Member

5. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

I just don't understand the whole thing…."a man and his truck, and tofu, and veggie burgers, and raw kale salad….be damned. Introducing the new High Country….."

What does tofu, veggie burgers, and kale salad have to do with anything? Im just perplexed at these commercials I don't even know what to do other than just laugh at their stupidity :neutral:
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

Well like them or not it would appear they did at least part of their job, they caught your attention and they got you talking and spreading the word.
  7. fugitive

fugitive New Member

Honestly I don't need a commercial to know my next vehicle purchase will be GM!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Haha goes back to that "any publicity is good publicity" saying I guess!

- - - Updated - - -

Amen to that!
  9. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban New Member

I'm with you, I sure as hell don't get it. And more importantly, I'm not sure how it makes a man throw down his beer, run the hell out of the house and buy a Chevy... What happened to real commercials that contained scantilly clad women? THAT makes a man buy a truck! :-D
  10. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Hahaha. But that's not being "politically correct"….:whistle:
  11. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator

Haha, I saw the "tofu" commercial you are talking about during the game last night. Actually, all the people I was watching the game with got a laugh out of it. Basically, the commerical is saying real men drive trucks and eat BBQ, not all that sissy stuff like tofu. I do agree with others that the current adverts don't actually tell you much about the truck. GM must be using the same ad agency as Apple.
  12. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Hm, sounds like I missed the point of that one…either way, I'm still not a fan of this marketing campaign. Good thing we make a great product :glasses:
  13. McClintoc

I honestly can't remember the last time a commercial sold me something. I try to ignore/skip commercials as much as possible. There's just too dang many of them. Driving down the road? Billboards every 50 feet. Reading a newspaper or magazine? Ads every other page. Sufing the Internet? Ads take up more space on each page than the acutal content. Watching TV? Commericials every 2 minutes. Listen to the radio? Commercials after ever song. It's actually really annoying hence why ignore as much as I can.
  14. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Well, thats a good way to be! Keeps you from getting irritated when you see them like meeeeeee :gasp:
  15. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban New Member

True, true. But in this day and age I think we can do with a little less political correctness from time to time. Especially when it comes to scantilly clad women... :)
  16. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

I completely agree….if only everyone else did. I think America is becoming much too concerned about doing things in such a way that is "politically correct" rather than focusing on the task at hand and getting the job done. I believe in political correctness, to a certain degree, but in this day and age it appears that it is the only thing that matters. Quit trying to make everyone happy, its impossible.:no:

Lol, there's my rant of the day :glasses:
  17. the phantom

the phantom New Member

And just saw chevrolet's superbowl commercial.... With cows... what a joke.. They could have done better than that for price of that spot IMO.

I guess with the cancer awareness month commercial they put out it is a nice twist of a commercial for them.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  18. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Liked the Doritos time capsule one that was good..
  19. the phantom

the phantom New Member

yeah that one and the Radio Shack commercial with Chucky cutting up the carpet.:lol:
  20. McClintoc

The SB commercials this year were the worst I have ever seen them. Years ago, you count on the SB commercials being some of the funniest you had ever seen but the past few years they have just been weak. :(