Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Okay, what is with these commercials….???

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 2011laserblue, Jan 19, 2014.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Haha, I saw the "tofu" commercial you are talking about during the game last night. Actually, all the people I was watching the game with got a laugh out of it. Basically, the commerical is saying real men drive trucks and eat BBQ, not all that sissy stuff like tofu. I do agree with others that the current adverts don't actually tell you much about the truck. GM must be using the same ad agency as Apple.

2. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Hm, sounds like I missed the point of that one…either way, I'm still not a fan of this marketing campaign. Good thing we make a great product :glasses:

3. McClintoc

I honestly can't remember the last time a commercial sold me something. I try to ignore/skip commercials as much as possible. There's just too dang many of them. Driving down the road? Billboards every 50 feet. Reading a newspaper or magazine? Ads every other page. Sufing the Internet? Ads take up more space on each page than the acutal content. Watching TV? Commericials every 2 minutes. Listen to the radio? Commercials after ever song. It's actually really annoying hence why ignore as much as I can.

4. 2011laserblue

Well, thats a good way to be! Keeps you from getting irritated when you see them like meeeeeee :gasp:

5. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

True, true. But in this day and age I think we can do with a little less political correctness from time to time. Especially when it comes to scantilly clad women... :)

6. 2011laserblue

I completely agree….if only everyone else did. I think America is becoming much too concerned about doing things in such a way that is "politically correct" rather than focusing on the task at hand and getting the job done. I believe in political correctness, to a certain degree, but in this day and age it appears that it is the only thing that matters. Quit trying to make everyone happy, its impossible.:no:

Lol, there's my rant of the day :glasses:

7. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

And just saw chevrolet's superbowl commercial.... With cows... what a joke.. They could have done better than that for price of that spot IMO.

I guess with the cancer awareness month commercial they put out it is a nice twist of a commercial for them.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Liked the Doritos time capsule one that was good..

9. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

yeah that one and the Radio Shack commercial with Chucky cutting up the carpet.:lol:

10. McClintoc

The SB commercials this year were the worst I have ever seen them. Years ago, you count on the SB commercials being some of the funniest you had ever seen but the past few years they have just been weak. :(