1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Oklahoma Police and EMT video

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ChevyFan, Jun 17, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ok, I see that and I see "Crazy cop" who needs a xanax, sorry don't see it any other way. I saw the whole dash cam on one of these, but this version is the best I think. One of the reports said that the cop was an Iraq vet, not sure if that's true or not, but this is pretty crazyl

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiNLmWGc31w"]YouTube - Oklahoma Highway Patrol chokes EMT - Split Screen - Dash cam and cell phone footage combined[/ame]
  2. ChevyFan

Yeah, looks like a PTS thing going on. They need to try to give the cop some help if he just got back from some action in Iraq or Afghanistan.
  3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow.... harsh! It's one of those things that's better handled administratively, not by a confrontation on the side of the road. I understand they were not in a life or death situation with the patient but who knows what the paramedic was doing back there that needed to be tended to. Running an IV line, monitoring vitals, glocuse, etc etc. All non-life threatening things but...wow!

I respect the police. I really do. They have one heck of a tough job and it's got to be so stressful - they aren't generally well liked, especially by those they are confronting but, like in any other group, there are just a few that give them such a bad reputation. From abusing the law to their advantage, so not using common sense when "serving and protecting" , to those that power trip.

Did HP have right of way initially, yes. Was the ambulance driver in the wrong for not yielding? Well, that's to be determined.... he yielded safely within reason I think. The response from the HP officer..?.. totally uncalled for imo and without use of what should be common sense/courtesy.

Good find on the video, Steve. I'd never seen that one before.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Wow, ya'll know I'm a big suporter of our troops, especially those that have served in war zones, but vet or not that officer came out of the car ready to fight. The Lead EMT probably didnt make things any better by stepping in but he did what a supervisor should and tried to go to bat for his people.
    Hope the Ok HP gets some help for that officer, they can start by pulling him off the road cause he's one of the biggest hazards to the public like he is.
  5. ChevyFan

I watched one of the people interviewing the EMT on the Today Show and they asked why the lights are sirens weren't on ... he responded that patients with chest pain often they don't turn the lights/sirens on because it causes more problems ... then the reporter said something about it not being that serious of a situation why did he get out? Well, first off, that's not what he said. Secondly, having a cop full of rage pulling over the ambulance and the cop starting a fight and yelling and cussing would further exasperate the patient's symptoms.
  6. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That cop was way out of line and on a power trip, cops like that make it tuff on all the good cops out there doing a hard job. He's a tool imo:)
  7. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Man, what if the other EMT's were working on the lady in the back when this was going on, and they had to get to the hospital quick! The lady could of died while this was going on!
  8. b-radical

b-radical Rockstar 100 Posts

damn, cops were on a power trip. what was the experiment where the college students were randomly selected to be prisoners or guards?
  9. b-radical

b-radical Rockstar 100 Posts

stanford prison experiment
  10. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I think there was probably a better way to handle that incident, but it was a good stop none the less. The way I see it, the supervisor interferred with the officer and prevented him from interviewing the driver, who had committed a violation. The officer did bevave unprofessionally, but the supervisor did resist arrest.

Bottom line, you can't physically step in between an officer and someone who is legally detained in an attempt to prevent that contact. You just can't. And when you are told you are under arrest, you don't get to decide that you arent.
    Last edited: May 3, 2011