1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Old Brake Fluid!

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by janikphoto, Jul 8, 2012.

1. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

I would've taken pics, if I wasn't so greasy and dirty at the time, but man... my brake fluid was nasty!!! I bought new fluid to do the suburban, since it is one of the last fluids that came with the truck when I bought it in fall 2011 (still need to change the coolant and transfer case, too). I emptied the reservoir to wipe the thing clean, since a light film of gunk often builds up on the interior walls. When I went to wipe, I noticed giant, thick piles of goo, like river bottom silt or sludge! This thing was holding maybe a tablespoon or two of sludge in it!

After a good cleaning, I asked my 6 yr old son if he wanted to help work on the truck with me. He was eager, so I had him pump, while I opened and closed the bleeder valves. He was excited, and so was I... it is so much fun working on automobiles with your boy!!!
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member

want to do mine next?! LOL
  3. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

If you were closer, I would! My little helper and I are quite a team!!! Well... I would, assuming your truck sits as high as mine. I'm an inch higher than the stock 4x4, and I could just slide under and open the bleeders without taking any wheels off or pulling out jacks and stands. Piece of cake! The only extra effort was power washing anything that got brake fluid on it. That stuff will eat through paint pretty quick!
  4. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member

haha... im far from decent ride height. 2 inches lower and 5 inches lower in the back vs stock 2wd height

Just noticed you're in Dallas. Have you seen where Steve was trying to get a DFW meet going in august?