1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Old fart noob!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by sliperhead, Sep 12, 2012.

1. sliperhead

sliperhead New Member

Hello, I have aquired my fathers 1994 2wd s10 with 2.2L 5 speed, has 77K+ Miles, he has taken pretty good care of it for it's age. He has had it for 10 years and other than normal wear, he has had to replace the gas tank all lines, and pump. Living in the northeast you will rust stuff out in no time.

It drives nice, will be needing a good tune up, but clutch has been replaced ( dad was hard on it), about 8000 miles ago, only issue i have with it is when you are at idle or cruse sounds like a high pitch annoying chirping sound if you barely touch the clutch pedal it goes away or if you get on it it doesn't happen.

I'm a pretty good non certified mechanic, and try to do my own work most of the time as no garages around my area are trust worthy! I have built a full size bronco from ground up, I've rebuilt 2 stroke engines on my quads.

Sure would like to get that annoying clutch chirp solved any help would be appriciated.

I do need to get myself a repair manual for it is there any free copies floating around??

I also belong tom many forums and most say pics or your lyin'! b so here she is My daughter named it Barbie, and it will be her's in the coming months once i give it a good looking through, she turns 18 in a few days, not looking forward to teaching her a clutch, but if she can shift a quad she can learn a truck!

Thanks a bunch in advance!

[​IMG]
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

A little more time and she'll be vintage! :great:

Welcome. :)
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

welcome to the club.

and all kids should learn how to drive a stick:happy:
  4. sliperhead

sliperhead New Member

Thanks Guys and yes I'm all about vintage!! I like the older style better like me we get better with age!

Any idea on the chirpping noise? A buddy said he believes a new clutch, bearing and spacer, myabe pressure plate if the fingers are bad?

Been over 10 + years since I put a clutch in, guess I might have to shake the rust off!:party:
  5. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. :glasses:
  6. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the G MT C !