old man winter is coming again

Discussion in 'OK - Oklahoma Chevy Truck Club' started by summitwhite11, Dec 2, 2013.

1. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I think the winter cold front about to rear its ugly head on okie town mid week is going to be a bone chiller, below freezing for the highs is a tad on the chilli side, I hope we get snow in lieu of ice, I really want to 4 wheel a bit and check it out, I had a 2000 blazer 4x4 and 2007 trailblazer 4x4 which rocked the snow, this will be my first in a truck, I am ready to have some fun in the snowy fields.

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

A Canadian winter through the eyes of a new Canadian immigrant.

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    [h=3][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]This Land Is Our Land[/FONT][/h]​
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    Funny Canadian Jokes
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    A Canadian Journal
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Date: Sun, 3 Nov
    Ah,yes... O Canada, Our home and native land!
    Dear Diary
    Aug. 12 - Moved to our new home in Canada. I am so excited. It's so beautiful here. The mountains are so majestic. Can hardly wait to see them with snow covering them.
    Oct. 14 - Canada -- it is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves have turned all colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful countryside and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful animals on earth. This must be paradise. I love it here!
    Nov. 11 - Remembrance Day. Deer season starts soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it snows soon. I love it here!
    Dec. 2 - It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won). When the snow plough came by we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I love Canada!
    Dec. 12 - More snow last night. The snow plough did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here.
    Dec. 19 - More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. It's beautiful here but I'm exhausted from shoveling. F#cking snow plough.
    Dec. 22 - More of that white **** fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands and a sore back from shoveling. I think the snow plough hides around the corner until I'm done shoveling the driveway. *******.
    Dec. 25 - Merry F#cking Christmas! More frigging snow. If I ever get my hands on the sonovabitch who drives the snow plough, I swear I'll kill the bastard. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the f#cking ice.
    Dec. 27 - More white **** last night. Been inside for three days now except for shoveling out the driveway after that snow plough goes through every time. Can't go anywhere, the car's stuck in a mountain of white crap and it is so frigging cold. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches of the crap again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?
    Dec. 28 - That f#cking weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches of the crap this time. At this rate it won't melt before summer. The snow plough got stuck up in the road and that bastard came to my door and asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him that I had already
    broken six shovels shoveling out all the crap he had pushed into my driveway, I damn near broke my last one over his f#cking head.
    Jan. 4 - Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on my way back a damned deer ran in front of the car. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Those beasts should be killed. The bastards are everywhere. Wish the hunters had
    exterminated them all last November.
    May 3 - Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusted out from all that salt they put all over the roads.
    May 10 - Moved to Florida. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever want to live in such a God forsaken place as Canada!
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

That's a good one

4. RayVoy

Haha, I just copied it into Enkei's tire thread for you to read, haha.

5. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Well, it's December the twoth, 8:00 PM here in central Florida. It's 2 1/2 hours after sunset. It's about 68 deg F. We grilled out back tonight for dinner. :party:

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I saw that it was going to get cold up there.

7. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

It's on the way, I have 3 or 4" now, coming down steady at 0830, supposed to snow all day and into tonight, then get cold, it's 19F now. Front got here sometime after midnight - it was still 40F at 2100 last night. The weather guessers say we will have a high in the low single digits starting wed and running through the weekend. Good thing I bought some new Muck boots and a new hat !! KEN

8. summitwhite11

Awesome canadian report RayVoy, thanks for the laugh. The weather people are calling for up to an inch of sleet Thursday/Friday and then snow Friday/ Saturday, and below freezing for 7 to 10 days, some single digit stuff, that will mean mega car crashes here in the land of okies, we dont get enough to condition drivers for this, by Wednesday evening the grocery stores should be picked clean, snow shovels will be hard to find,candles and lamp oil will become sparce, and the price of generators will go up a 100 bucks till this is over with. they dont use much ice melt for home use here, I dont get that, its much simpler to spread as it starts, rather than shovel for hours afterwards. but then, why do they attempt driving on the ice. I feel for people but the news will be like a comedy hour watching people sliding around banging into things trying to drive on the ice, and they do try. With any luck, the weather gurus are wrong, and it will stay up in Kansas .

9. RayVoy

:fighting0098::fighting0098:

We has snow on Sunday, a couple of inches, turned to rain, turned to freezing rain around midnight, rain and freezing rain all day Monday, rain all day today. It's around 7c (45f) right now. Forecast is rain, snow and freezing rain for the next two days. I'd rather have snow, or 68 degrees and the grill on.

10. summitwhite11

Hey I will do that grill thing in any weather, it taste good at any outdoor temp.