1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

old man winter is coming again

Discussion in 'OK - Oklahoma Chevy Truck Club' started by summitwhite11, Dec 2, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just saw a Christmas tree tent Colapsed. Hope they're Ok.

2. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

SNOW SUCKS!!!!! end of story.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Here is that pic.

4. ChevyFan

Ugh ...

Here.

Attached Files:

5. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I used to live in Maryland. I have a disagreeable hip and minor arthritis in my knees and wrists. None of which have hurt me a bit in the year and a half I've been down here.

Where we live, about 20 miles NE of Orlando there are more horses and cows and chickens than people. It's fairly rural. The nearest real town, Oviedo has about 40 feral chickens dead in the middle of town. We didn't even have a street light on our road until last summer.

Talk about big sky, the highest point in Florida is a little over 400 feet above sea level and it's way up north someplace. We got nothin' but sky down here and it's blue almost all the time, except for every day in the summer at 4:30 we have a thunderstorm with more lightning than any other place on Earth. We can watch thunderstorms 50 miles away just like in Montana. Not sayin' Florida is any better than Montana, just sayin' for me in particular, warm is better than not warm, palm trees are better than wind blown scrub pine, and bikini's are WAY better than Carhartt Extremes coveralls.

6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I like the way you think, haha

7. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

OK, Dana ya' got me there, bikini's are WAY, WAY better than Carhartts !!!! My positive attitude is being tested tonight, the temp. has dropped to -31 F. and it's only 9PM ! OUCH !!! Ken

- - - Updated - - -

It got even colder after my post last night - my thermometer showed -34 F !! Ive been looking at some of the national weather, I can deal with the cold, We also have a fair amount of snow ( maybe 10" - hard to say for sure, wind kinda rearranged it ), I can deal with that. We also still have power ! I'm thinking of the safety of those of you further south, its not so bad to drive on packed snow, but black ice and freezing rain is treacherous, plus the amount of traffic and the unprepared & inexperienced drivers -WOW ! Even worse I heard the power is out in many areas now. Everyone be careful out there ! Ken

8. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Holey shmoley. That sort of weather is no laughing matter. Hunker down and it will pass soon. Good luck.

9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Ok so now its getting cold

We got our first frost and it was 32 degrees:lol:. I still went to work in SHORTS though.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that is cold. Im gonna have to try that someday.

10. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You won't be wearing your shorts, haha