Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

on 99; Third door will not latch properly

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by soundhd, Jan 1, 2009.

1. soundhd

soundhd New Member

Have a 1999 extended cab/4x4/Z-71/LT; 67,000 miles; A week or so ago I started having problems with the third door (passenger side) not closing correctly which causes the regular passenger door not to seal correctly.........seems to have something to do with the upper latch....maybe the bottom also. (third door latches at both the top and the bottom it looks like).. have moved or "rotated" (might be the better word) the upper latch to where or looks like it (3rd door) closes correctly but regular door then does not seal correctly......was wondering if anyone else has run across this problem in the past and what was done to correct it........is there an adjustment that can be made?......if so how is it done?.........trying to save a trip to the dealership if I can............thanks

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Are you sure its the third door that is the problem. The Silverado is notorious for weak hinges. I had to have mine fixed twice. Really something that is best left to a body shop. The hinges on mine had to be re-welded.

3. bbk28

bbk28 New Member

i aggre with unplugged. hinges on a 1999 extended can be pain in the @$$ (i have a 1999 extended too) and t5he hinges on mine need to be replaced also