On and off

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Apr 10, 2006.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Hey, when it rains it pours huh? My wife broke her ankle on Saturday night, so I'll be hard to get ahold of for the next couple of weeks. Send me a PM or email if anyone needs to reach me.

2. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ouch!! Keep her comfy and happy.

3. ChevyFan

Yeah, it was the fibula (the little bone) not the tibia (the big bone -- I think I got that right) so she might be able to have a walking cast on it in like a week or two --- we just don't know. Who knows, she might have to have surgery.

Yeah, I bought a little trailer for $250 (a 6' x 9' utility trailer for $250!!!) and picked up some sod for the front yard at the local landscaping place. I laid out the sod and we were going to go back and pick up some more and she stepped off the curb wrong getting into the vehicle and that was it. She heard a snap and fell back and was in a lot of pain. :-(

4. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

My wife stepped wrong and messed up her ankle and had to wear an air cast and its the pits.

I wish her and you the best of luck yall hang in there!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow, that sucks. Hope she feels better soon. Best of luck to you both.

6. ChevyFan

Turns out that she broke her leg in a multiple break situation. No torn ligaments. But it will take 6-8 weeks to heal and she has to put no weight on it at all for 4 weeks. They're not going to cast it, she will just have a fiberglass splint (like I had on my arm) for 1 week and then she will get a brace that she will wear for another 5-7 weeks.

7. ChevyFan

But at least we have big vehicles to drive around. The Burban and the Trailblazer all both good sized vehicles to get in and out of and lots of legroom.

8. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Take the rear seat and put her a lazy boy back there and some bungees to keep her from flying out if you have to hit the brakes

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't forget the 42"LCD TV. C'mon....Lazy boys and TV were meant to go together.

10. ChevyFan

Nah, all she needs is a cell phone with a full signal and she's good to go. :)